- Underwriters Laboratories Standards UL 4, UL 83, UL 1581, UL 2556
- Federal Specification A-A59544
- National Electric Code (NEC) 250.118(8), 300.22(C), 392, 320, 517.13, 518, 645
- ASTM B-787, B3
- Class I Div. 2, Class II Div. 2 and Class III Div. 1 for hazardous locations
- Made in the USA and meets ARRA 2009-Section 1605 "Buy America" Compliant
- RoHS Compliant
- Aluminum sheath colored green for identification purposes
United Copper Industries Type HCF-AC Cables are constructed of soft-drawn bare copper (Solid or Stranded) with Lead-Free THHN insulation. Individual conductors and green ground conductor are wrapped in a moisture-resistant, flame retardant paper that is cabled together to form the cable core. A #16 gauge aluminum bond wire is installed longitudinally between the cable core and the aluminum interlocked armor sheath to complete the assembly of the HCF-AC Cable.
Permitted in applications requiring branch circuits for non-essential, general purpose electrical systems in patient care areas of health care facilities or for use in essential electrical systems when in accordance with NEC 517.30 (C) (3) per 2008 NEC Code.
- Acceptable in patient care facilities such as hospitals, outpatient facilities, nursing homes and dental offices as well as types of non-essential medical care facilities.
- Acceptable for power, lighting, control and signal circuits.
- Permitted for use in services and branch circuits in commercial, industrial and multi-residential buildings.
- Allowable for use in concealed and exposed systems.
- Permitted in places of assembly per NEC 518.4.
- For use in dry locations and is permitted to be embedded in plaster, brick or other masonry except in damp or wet locations.
- Can be used in environmental air-handling spaces per NEC 300.22(C).
- Permitted for installation in areas of assembly per NEC 518.4.
- Acceptable for installation under raised floors for computer equipment per NEC 645.5.
- Permitted in installation in approved cable trays and raceways per NEC 392.
- Permitted for installation in Class I Div. 2, Class II Div. 2 and Class III Div. 1 for hazardous locations.